Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What to do on a rainy autumn day














All of my piano and guitar students cancelled or changed their lessons this afternoon, so it's been a grubby clothes day for sure. I'm trying to put the bonus afternoon to good use, so while the autumn leaves are blowing around the farm, I put the dyepot on and have a couple of lovely reds to add to orange and forest green for a batch of autumn colors which will be processed into roving. Meantime, a colored Coopworth lamb fleece that I washed to overdye kinda wanted to felt instead, so I've been sitting by the window hand-picking it. I don't dare dye it, but will add it as is into the autumn mix. Next dye day will be doing a variety of blues to variegate with a light silver fleece -- mmmm, my favorite colors!

No comments: